Come to the 3rd Annual Pinelands-Friendly Yard & Garden Fair at Woodford Cedar Run Wildlife Refuge on Saturday, September 25 from 11am – 4pm. The event will focus on native plant and animal species of the New Jersey Pinelands.
Attendees will learn how they can take action in their own yards to help protect the unique environment of the 1.1.-million-acre Pinelands National Reserve in southern New Jersey, and learn how to protect our native pollinators, plants, habitats and wildlife!
The festival will feature:
- Native Plant Sale: Rare Find Nursery, Earth First Native Plant Nursery, Pinelands Nursery will be on-hand to sell approximately 70 different species of native Pinelands plants.
- Demonstrations about rain barrels, rain gardens and how to create ecological sensitive landscapes
- Presentations by Carole Brown of EcoSystem Gardening and John Black, Master Naturalist of Forsythe National Wildlife Refuge
- Exhibitors will include: Rutgers University Coop Extension; the Burlington County Master Gardeners, Pinelands Preservation Alliance, Burlington County Dept. of Resource Conservation, and New Jersey Audubon.
- Guided Nature Walks
- Professional assistance with landscape design and how-to guides & books
- A live Wildlife Show with a focus on habitat, including a red-tailed hawk, barred owl, screech owl, American kestrel, Pine Snake and others. (A Raptor Show will take place at approx. 1 p.m.)
- Food by Brother Bear BBQ
Presented by Woodford Cedar Run Wildlife Refuge
Sponsored with support from Evesham Township Environmental Commission
Endorsed by Medford & Waterford Townships Open Space & Environmental Commissions
For more information contact 856 983-3329 or email@example.com
A full day for native plant and wildlife lovers!