So Lisa Gustavson at Get In The Garden has awarded me the honor of The Honest Scrap Award. I don’t usually do these kinds of things, but we’ll get to that below. To accept this honor, I’ve got to tell you 10 honest things about myself that you wouldn’t know from reading the blog. And I’ve got to tag 7 other bloggers to participate in being honored in this way. Thanks Lisa!
So here we go, 10 things to know:
- I never do these kinds of things. Really, never. I mean, Who Cares? But Lisa did a great list, and she doesn’t even like chocolate. And Helen Yoest did it, and she eats sardines out of the can. Teresa O’Connor did it, and she allows a few slackers to survive in her garden. And Helen Battersby did it too, and she doesn’t have any dust bunnies in her house or weeds in her garden. HaHa. No slacking for her. So I will play along, too. It’s kind of fun.
- I like watching birds. Oh, and butterflies, dragonflies, bees, ants, even squirrels. In fact, give me a pair of binoculars and put me outside and I’m a happy girl. I’d rather be doing that than almost anything else I can think of.
- I have a crazy obsession with understanding how things work. When I was young, my brother and I would trash pick TVs, radios, and all kinds of appliances so we could take them apart and put them back together.
- Now I like to figure out how things work TOGETHER. Like what group of plants is the best at attracting tons of butterflies to my garden.
- My garden is for the birds. Literally. Humans are really good at taking. Taking habitat. Taking resources. My garden is about giving something back: to the birds, butterflies, and other critters who benefit from a helping hand in giving back some habitat.
- I love chocolate. Lisa you can send yours to me.
- I love cheese. Melty, gooey, delicious cheese. I wish I only had to eat chocolate and cheese.
- There are books in every room of my house. Shelves are overflowing. I need a bigger house so I have room to shelve all of my books. I love to read. I love to learn new things. Most of these books are non-fiction about subjects that interest me.
- My sweetie and I have been together for almost 18 years.
- We are the proud parents of two Plott Hounds, unrelated but from the same shelter. Morgan and Otis are the joy of my life. And three cats. I don’t like them as much, but I like to keep the family harmony, so I don’t complain. Except when they jump on my head when I am sound asleep.
So there you have it. The whole me. Now it’s time to learn some fascinating things about some other writers. Helen, Lisa, and Teresa have already tagged many of my favorite garden bloggers, so I’ll broaden out a little.
Tag, you’re it:
Alison Kerr at Loving Nature’s Garden
Risa Edlestein at Garden and the Good Life
Rachel Mathews at Successful Garden Design
Robin Shreeves at A Little Greener Every Day
Wendy Gabriel at My Green Side
Melissa Hincha Ownby at Raising Them Green
Bethe Almeras at The Grass Stain Guru
Can’t wait to learn more about you! Why not come here and put links to your Honest Scrap Award posts. That would be fun.
© 2010 – 2013, Carole Sevilla Brown. All rights reserved. This article is the property of EcosystemGardening.com If you are reading this at another site, please report that to us